Saturday, May 21, 2011

Made from Plastic.... that's fantastic.... back to where it came from.... Really

I received an e mail from a good friend this week.  She know's I am a green advocate and knew this was going to be a real hit with me.  So I have made the decision to pursue this story in detail and report to you what I have found.  It seems that a fellow green advocate from Japan has rolled up his sleeves and created to technology that could save us from the possibility of.... drowning.... well in plastic.

Akinori Ito, CEO of the Japanese company Blest, has figured out how to turn plastic back into where it came from....oil.   If you have a minute to watch the video link  you will discover an amazing yet simple technology in action. 


Using heat and pressure, the machine can take this commingled plastic trash and in a few hours produce unrefined oil, composed of kerosene, diesel, gasoline, and heavy oils. A pipe running from the heating machine to a container of tap water puts the resulting gas through a filter and into the water, which breaks it down into H2O and CO2, so there isn’t really any smell and no release of CO2 into the atmosphere.


  The question begs to be asked.... why aren't these technologies being brought into the center stage?  I'm not sure myself... however I am not waiting around to find out why.  I have jumped into action and am seeking more information on how to order a base line unit for my own experimentation.   If this is as good as advertised it will change the fact of recycling AND legitimize the efforts before our very eyes.  Stay tuned folks for a  conversion system coming soon to a North Oakland County neighborhood near you...

No comments:

Post a Comment